For all those of you who want to take the Tai Chi & Qi Gong exam in July, please see below the main movements of the Chen Style Tai Chi 18 Point Form. Remember always to keep your upper body relaxed and your lower body strong and grounded like the roots of a tree.
This allows the Qi (life energy force) to flow through your body and to build energy in 'dantian' (the energy centre 2 inches below your belly button).
Tai Chi 18 Point Form
1. Preparing (yù bèi shì)
5. Single Whip (dān biān)
6. The White Crane Spreads It’s Wings (bái hè liàng chì)
7. Walk Forward Diagonally (xié xíng ào bù)
8. Brush Knee (lōu qī)
9. Stepping to Both Sides (Three Steps Forward) (qián táng ào bù)
10. Cover Hands and Strike with Fist (yǎn shǒu hōng chuí)
11. High Pat On the Horse (gāo tàn mǎ)
12. Kick With Left Heel (dèng yī gēn)
13. The Jade Girl Works At Shuttles (yù nu chuān suō)
14. Wave Hand (yùn shǒu)
15. Turn Body with Double Lotus Kick (zhuǎn shēn bǎi lián)
16. The Cannon Fist Over Head (dāng tóu pào)
17. Buddha’s Warrior Attendant Pounds Mortar (jīn gāng dǎo duì)
18. Finishing Form (shōu shì)
If you have any questions please ask me!
I look forward to seeing you in class and completing this form at the exam!
Peace - Courage - Faith